Questions about academics? ISSS is here to help.
Studying abroad in a new country and culture can be a very different experience than studying in your home country. What makes you successful in one country may not be the same as it is in another country.
ISSS academic counselors have knowledge and experience in assisting international students be successful while managing your visa status. We can help support you in understanding the educational system at the University of Minnesota, including what to expect in the classroom, how to set and achieve academic goals, how to get involved on campus, and where to go when you need help.
Academic Counseling Appointments
All international students can make an ISSS Academic Counseling appointment. We can help you manage topics such as:
- Learning about academic integrity, plagiarism, and citation practices
- Improving time management and study skills
- Understanding how to participate in the classroom and professor's expectations
- Adjusting to the U.S. style of education
- Managing personal/family concerns
- Being placed on academic probation/suspension