B-1/B-2 Visa Information for Departments

The B-1 and B-2 visas are for business and pleasure/tourism visitors, respectively.

In specific situations, exchange visitors may be able to travel to the U.S. on a business (B-1) or tourist (B-2) visa. It is very important to review our B-1/B-2 information as as well as the U.S. Department of State’s guidance and activities chart. The prospective scholar should contact ISSS and their local U.S. consulate for their recommendation.

Last updated: June 10, 2021