Changes in Employment

H-1B/E-3 work authorization is job-specific, location-specific, and employer-specific. If an employee's job is expected to undergo a substantial material change (for example, duties, % time of appointment, title, salary, change of department, change or addition of worksites), an H-1B amendment may need to be filed with USCIS prior to the change.

Employing departments must complete the Employment Change Reporting Form to notify ISSS of any job change, and ISSS will determine if they are material changes that need to be reported to USCIS. Keep in mind our processing times when notifying ISSS of any changes, in case an amended petition must be filed in advance.

Last updated: March 11, 2024