Finding housing is an important step for living, studying, and working at the University of Minnesota. There are a variety of housing options available to students both on-campus and off-campus.
We assembled the following resources and information for you about housing.
- UMN Housing & Residential Life
- Permanent Off-Campus Housing (for students, scholars, and student-interns)
- Family/Partnered Housing (for scholars and students)
Before the start of the fall semester, new international students can stay in the International Early Arrival Housing. This temporary on-campus housing is an affordable option for new students needing somewhere to stay before they can move into their permanent on- or off-campus housing. For costs and reservations, review the International Early Arrival Housing website.
- Before the start of the spring/summer semesters, temporary housing is not available on campus.
- Only international students can stay in International Early Arrival Housing. Individuals traveling with family will need to find another housing option.
There are a variety of hotels near the University of Minnesota campus. When making a reservation, you should ask whether they have discounts related to the University of Minnesota. For information about local hotels, visit: