Change of Address for H-1B Visa Holders

Update Your Address with USCIS

You are required to notify USCIS of any change in your U.S. residential address within 10 days of moving; notification must be made directly to USCIS. In addition, contact ISSS if your address changes while we are preparing your H-1B/E-3/TN petition so we can ensure we are using correct information on all application forms.

If your new residential address will be outside of “normal commuting distance” from the work location(s) listed in your most recent H-1B/E-3 petition, please contact an ISSS Advisor immediately. This may be considered a material change that requires an amended USCIS petition to be filed.

Update Your UMN Record

For University purposes, you must also update your University of Minnesota record. ISSS has created instructions for updating your address that you should follow.

Last updated: October 17, 2023