ISSS Career Support is designed to assist international students and scholars in preparing for their job search to reach their career goals.
ISSS offers workshops and individual appointments to guide international students who are planning to search for jobs in the U.S.
- Introduction to job search process in the U.S.
- Cultural expectations in writing resume and interviewing in the U.S.
- Understanding work authorization and how to address your visa status with potential employers
We encourage students to contact the Career Services in their college to find out what services are available to them.
It is essential that all international understand the regulations about on- or off-campus employment before seeking a job. By reviewing this information, you will:
- Know what jobs you can and cannot accept.
- Be prepared to answer questions from potential employers.
- Ensure you avoid negative consequences from working without valid authorization.
ISSS advisors are also available to answer your questions.
- Online Career Workshops (Career & Internship Services)
- Factsheet: Sexual Harassment in an Internship
- Work Visa Database (Search employers who have previously sponsored H-1B visas)
- GoinGlobal (for country-specific career resources): Access through GoldPASS
- Working in Canada
- Alumni Job Search Stories
- Information for Employers