Last updated: June 28, 2021


Fall 2021 Updates: We know there are a lot of questions about Fall 2021. Check out our Fall 2021 Update pages for up-to-date information.

All ISSS staff are working remotely: Find out how to contact ISSS staff and get assistance.

New Students: The International Student Preparation Course is now available.

clipboard with a checklist

Social Security Number (SSN): The Social Security Administration is no longer accepting electronic signatures when F-1/J-1 students apply for an SSN for an on-campus job.

July 28: Join the Global Gopher Health and Wellness Webinar to learn about COVID testing, vaccines, quarantine, health insurance coverage, and campus safety.

Spotlight On...

Buddy Program members pose as a group

International Buddy Program

The International Buddy Program matches incoming international students with returning students to answer questions and ease the transition to life at the University of Minnesota. It's FREE, FUN, and held each semester.

Returning students can sign up as a mentor and new students as buddies. Spots are limited, so join now.

Tag us on social media using #GlobalGophers!