Healthcare and Insurance for J-1 Students

All international students (and their dependents) must purchase the University-sponsored Student Health Benefit Plan (SHBP) unless they are eligible for a waiver. You will automatically be enrolled in the SHBP after you register for courses.

Students holding a qualifying graduate assistantship will be eligible to enroll in the Graduate Assistantship Plan as an alternative to the SHBP.

Last updated: June 10, 2021