Travel by F-2 Dependents

F-2 dependents may travel with or without the F-1 primary visa holder. Dependents who travel must carry the following documents to present to immigration officials.

  • Valid passport
  • Valid dependent I-20
  • Valid re-entry signature on dependent I-20
  • Valid F-2 entry visa in their passport
  • Documentary evidence of funding reflected on I-20
  • Evidence of the F-1’s full-time enrollment
  • Copy of the F-1's EAD card if the individual is on Optional Practical Training
Last updated: May 18, 2021