Pay Your Tuition

You can pay your tuition at the University of Minnesota via MyU with an eCheck, credit/debit card, or an international wire transfer with Flywire.

If your parent/guest is paying, you will need to give them access to your account.

Pay With Flywire

International students can pay tuition online through their Student Account by using Flywire. Flywire provides you with an easy and secure method of sending payments to the university and other benefits including:

  • Save on bank fees and exchange rates
  • Track your payments from start to finish
  • Pay from almost any country and bank
  • Have your questions answered through dedicated multilingual customer support

To take advantage of this option, go to the "My Finances" tab on MyU and select "International Payment" when making your payment. You will need to have your student ID and information available.

Video Url

Payments By Sponsored Students

If your financial sponsor (home country government, U.S. government, international organization, employer, bank, etc.) needs to be billed by the UMN, you must email a billing authorization, financial guarantee, or financial support letter to [email protected] before the beginning of the semester. You must also provide an updated letter to ISSS each year if your funding is renewed on an annual basis or semester basis.

This letter must be on official letterhead, be written in English, and state that the University of Minnesota is to bill the sponsor directly. In addition, the letter must include the following information:

  • Your full name
  • The length of time for which the funding is granted
  • What items are to be billed (for example, tuition, fees, and/or health insurance)
  • The address to where the UMN must send your bill
  • The name of a contact person
  • Any limitations or exclusions on the funding (for example, a specific degree or major)
  • The signature of your sponsor

The University of Minnesota cannot send an invoice to the sponsor until we receive this letter. Please note that the University does not accept wire transfers on behalf of individual students outside the Third-Party payment process.

Last updated: March 15, 2023