Travel by J-2 Dependents

J-2 dependents may travel with or without the J-1 primary visa holder. Dependents who travel must carry the following documents to present to immigration officials:

  • Valid passport
  • Valid dependent DS-2019
  • Valid re-entry signature on dependent DS-2019
  • Valid J-2 entry visa in passport
  • Documentary evidence of funding reflected on DS-2019
  • Evidence of health insurance
  • Evidence of full-time employment of the J-1 (if the J-1 is a student)
  • Copy of DS-2019 of the J-1 (if the J–1 is a student with Academic Training Authorization)
Last updated: May 20, 2021