All international students and scholars are required to report their U.S. residential address in MyU when they arrive in the U.S. and when they move.
Add or Update Your Mailing Address
SEVIS requires students on F-1 visas to report their U.S. address to the University of Minnesota within 10 days of moving. Failure to update your current address in MyU can result in the loss of your status.
It is important that you update your address correctly or it could be rejected. ISSS has created these instructions for updating your address that you should follow.
Add or Update Your Phone Number
- You must also enter a phone number into MyU. To update your phone number, go to the "My Info" tab, and click the pencil icon next to "Phone."
- Click "Add A Phone Number," or click on the pencil that is right of "Phone" and make corrections.
- Select "Home" as the "Phone Type" in the drop-down menu, and then enter your phone number including country code, if it is an international number.
We recommend suppressing your contact information (phone number, email, address, etc) so it will not be displayed in the University's online directory. This will help protect your privacy and protect you from scams. Instructions are available here.
- If your F-2 dependent is living in the U.S. at the same address as you: When you update your address on MyU, the F-2's record will also be updated automatically in SEVIS.
- If your F-2 dependent is living separately at a different address than you: You must file an AR-11 form within 10 days of moving. Please see Guidelines for Completing the AR-11.