Adjusting to a new cultural environment can be exciting and challenging. New international students at the University of Minnesota often have a lot of questions and concerns during their first weeks on campus. The International Buddy Program was created to ease the transition, with current U.S. and international undergraduate students helping new undergraduate students.
- Individual connections between current students and new international students
- Building a globally minded community
- Peer support in finding ways to be actively involved on campus
What can new students expect for joining the International Buddy Program?
- Connect with a current UMN student (mentor) before arriving
- Get a personal tour of campus and resources
- Explore cultural differences in studying and living at the University of Minnesota
- Join large group events with other new international students and other current U.S. and international UMN students
- Lots of FREE food and fun activities