The International Student Preparation Course was developed specifically for new international students through input from current international students.
We worked with them to create this course to share important information so that you will know what to expect as you prepare for your arrival at the University of Minnesota.
Your progress in the course will be saved. You do not need to complete the course all at one time, and you can return to it later if you have questions.
The International Student Preparation Course has helpful modules that address some of the questions most frequently asked by international students, including:
- What is International Student and Scholar Services, and how can you help me before and after I arrive at the University of Minnesota?
- What do I need to do BEFORE and AFTER I arrive?
- How do I register for classes?
- What it is like to study or teach in the U.S.?
- What do I need to know about employment in the U.S.?
- What do I need to travel?
- What resources does the campus have to support my cultural adjustment?
Things to Know Before You Begin
- You will need your University of Minnesota internet ID and password. If you have not already, visit z.umn.edu/claim-account to claim your UMN account.
- We recommend using broadband, high-speed Internet access, although it is not required.
- Most of the International Student Preparation Course will work properly on mobile devices, but there are some items that will work better on a laptop or desktop computer.
If you have any problems when accessing or using the site, please email [email protected].