ISSS considers all undergraduate students who are enrolled for 12 credits to be maintaining full-time student status. However, ISSS strongly encourages all undergraduate students to take more than 12 credits in order to graduate on time.
The University requires a minimum of 13 credits per semester for undergraduate degree-seeking students. The following procedures for international undergraduate students to register for less than 13 credits apply ONLY to those undergraduate students that are subject to the University’s 13 credit minimum policy.
In order to register for less than 13 credits in any semester, you must fill out, have your academic advisor sign, and submit the form(s) below, depending on how many credits you register for:
- If your total credit load is less than 12 credits, you must:
- Submit the Reduced Course Load Form to ISSS. If approved, this will allow you to maintain your immigration status with a reduced course load.
- Submit the Request for a Reduced Credit Load Form to your college. If approved, this will allow you to pay for the actual number of credits you are enrolled for rather than the higher uniform rate for 13 or more credits. It will also preserve your place in the registration queue.
- If your total credit load is exactly 12 credits:
- Submit the Request for a Reduced Credit Load Form to your college. This will allow you to pay for 12 credits rather than the higher uniform rate for 13 or more credits. It will also give you priority in the registration queue.
- You do NOT need to submit an ISSS Reduced Course Load form.
- If your total credit load is 13 credits or more, you do NOT need to submit either form.