University of Minnesota
International Buddy Program: Mentor Information
IBP mentiors are current UMN student volunteers that assist new international students with their transition to the University of Minnesota.
Why Become a Mentor?
- Be a cultural ambassador to new international students
- Gain insight on different cultural values and world views
- Join our global community
- Attend our events and make global friendships
- Emailing the assigned buddies once a week before their arrival
- Contact the assigned buddies via email, to provide information about campus life at the University of Minnesota
- Meet the assigned buddies and give them individual help
- Participate in IBP activities
- Current UMN undergraduate student.
- Complete required mentor trainings.
- Effective communication skills
- Sincere interest in helping people.
- Respect to religious, political, sexual orientation issues and cultural differences.
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
Fall 2016 mentor applications are now closed. Thank you for your interest.
IBP hosts events throughout the semester that are open to all UMN students. Visit our Facebook page for more.
Questions: Please contact us through the International Buddy Program email at email@example.com or visit our IBP Facebook Page.