University of Minnesota
International Buddy Program: Mentor Information
IBP mentiors are current UMN student volunteers that assist new international students with their transition to the University of Minnesota.
Why Become a Mentor?
- Be a cultural ambassador to new international students
- Gain insight on different cultural values and world views
- Join our global community
- Attend our events and make global friendships
- Emailing the assigned buddies once a week before their arrival
- Contact the assigned buddies via email, to provide information about campus life at the University of Minnesota
- Meet the assigned buddies and give them individual help
- Participate in IBP activities
- Current UMN undergraduate student.
- Complete required mentor trainings.
- Effective communication skills
- Sincere interest in helping people.
- Respect to religious, political, sexual orientation issues and cultural differences.
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
Mentor applications are now open for Spring 2017!
Click here to apply!
Questions: Please contact us through the International Buddy Program email at email@example.com or visit our IBP Facebook Page.