University of Minnesota
University of Minnesota

International Student
Funding Program

General Information

In an effort to assist international students who are experiencing financial hardship due to unforeseen circumstances, ISSS has a very limited amount of financial assistance available for international students at the U of MN-Twin Cities campus.

In order to be eligible for this funding, an international student must be in F-1 or J-1 student status and enrolled at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. Students who are applying for a change of status to F-1 or J-1 student, students who are in the process of adjusting their status to permanent residency, or students changing their status from F-1 or J-1 student to any other non-immigrant visa are not eligible for any ISSS International Student Funding.

ISSS International Student Funding assists with the cost of tuition, fees, and expenses related to emergencies.

If you would like assistance with an appolication or have questions about the ISSS Funding Program, you should schedule an appointment meet with an ISSS Funding Counselor. To do this, call 612-626-7100 and state that you wish to meet an ISSS Funding Counselor. You can also email questions to