Innovative Community Building Grants
Information for Department Units
About Innovative Community Building Grants
These are grants for Colleges and Student Service units to generate and implement international student based projects or programs within your college or unit.
Innovative Community Building Grants can be used in the following areas:
- Enhancement of international student engagement with faculty and staff. Examples include:
Programs that create dialogue and interaction between international and U.S. students. Examples include:
- Training materials
- Open house for international students
- Coffee and Cakes with the Dean or other faculty members
International student specific programming
- Monthly social gatherings
- Movie night focused on a particular international topic
- Spring International Student Kick-Off
- Career focused programming
- Supporting an international student-related event in their college (such as an Art Expo)
How much are the Innovative Community Building Grants?
Matching grants can range from $200 - $1000 per unit/program. Although requests under $200 may not require matching funds from the department, requesting departments will have to match either in terms of times, facilities, staffing, etc.
How long does it take for the committee to approve these grants?
The grants could take up to 4 weeks to be awarded after a complete application is submitted. If your application requires immediate attention, please let us know at the end of the application or contact Marina Uehara directly.
Where can I apply for the ICBG?
Contact our Student Engagement team at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form or call 612-624-7381 to talk to Marina Uehara, Culture Corps Program Coordinator, if you have further questions.