University of Minnesota
University of Minnesota

ISSS Announcements

Announcing MyISSS—An Online Portal for Making Requests with ISSS


Academic Advisers:

We compiled answers to some of the questions we are receiving about the new what academic advisers need to know about MyISSS.

We are excited to announce the launch of MyISSS, an online portal you can use to submit requests to ISSS! With MyISSS, you will be able to complete forms online at your convenience, receive email updates and monitor the status of your requests, and provide ISSS staff the information needed to process your requests efficiently and accurately.

We will be moving our forms to the new system in several stages. At this time, you can use MyISSS to submit the following requests:

F Students

  • Add/Remove a Dependent
  • Change of Major
  • OPT Request
  • Reduced Course Load Request
  • Replace a Lost/Stolen I-20
  • Request of a Travel I-20 (Formerly Called a Travel Signature Request)
  • Update Funding

J Students, Scholars, and Student-Interns

  • Add or Remove Dependents
  • Reduced Course Load Requests (J Students Only)
  • Replace a Lost/Stolen DS-2019
  • Request of a Travel DS-2019 (Formerly Called a Travel Signature Request)
  • Update Funding

The easiest way to submit a request to ISSS will continue to be to go to our web pages for F-1 Student Forms and J-1 Students, Scholars, and Student-Intern Forms. From those pages, you will then be directed to MyISSS or a pdf form.

We thank you for your patience during this transition, and we will send out further announcements when more forms are moved to MyISSS. If you have questions or experience difficulties while trying to access the site, please email

You can also come to our office during Walk-In Hours if you have questions or you wish to talk to an adviser prior to submitting a request. We will also continue to take appointments and have Walk-In Hours for any students or scholars seeking visa advising, personal counseling, or any of our services.