University of Minnesota
University of Minnesota

New Students

Paying Your Tuition

Below is a brief summary about paying your tuition as an international student. For more detailed information, please review One Stop's webpage at or read Flywire's Payer Guide.

Pay With Flywire

International students can pay tuition online through their Student Account by using Flywire. Flywire provides you with an easy and secure method of sending payments to the university and other benefits including:

  • Save on bank fees and exchange rates
  • Track your payments from start to finish
  • Pay from any country and any bank
  • Have your questions answered through dedicated multilingual customer support

To take advantage of this option, go to the "My Finances" tab on MyU and select "International Payment" when making your payment. You will need to create an account with Flywire, so have your student ID and information available.

Payments By Sponsored Students

If your financial sponsor (home country government, U.S. government, international organization, employer, bank, etc.) needs to be billed by the UMN, you must email a billing authorization, financial guarantee, or financial support letter to before the beginning of the semester. You must also provide an updated letter to ISSS each year if your funding is renewed on an annual basis.

This letter must be on official letterhead, be written in English, and state that the University of Minnesota is to bill the sponsor directly. In addition, the letter must include the following information:

  • Your full name
  • The length of time for which the funding is granted
  • What items are to be billed (for example, tuition, fees, and/or health insurance)
  • The address to where the UMN must send your bill
  • The name of a contact person
  • Any limitations or exclusions on the funding (for example, a specific degree or major)
  • The signature of your sponsor

The University of Minnesota cannot send an invoice to the sponsor until we receive this letter. Please note that the University does not accept wire transfers on behalf of individual students outside the Third-Party payment process.