University of Minnesota
University of Minnesota

New Students

Submit Your Final High School/Secondary School Transcript
(Undergraduate Degree-Seeking Students Only)

Successful completion of secondary school/high school graduation is a requirement for enrollment at the University of Minnesota. In order to verify that you have completed secondary school, have your secondary school submit your final secondary school transcript and proof of graduation (i.e., graduation certificate or leaving exam results) to the Office of Admissions no later than July 1 for those enrolling in the fall semester or January 15 for students enrolling in spring.

All documents not issued in English must be in the original language and include a certified true English translation. To be considered official, transcripts must be an original document (or are attested copies of original academic documents) that are mailed in a stamped and sealed envelope directly from the secondary school.

For information on country-specific requirements, please visit

Send your documents to the Office of Admissions at:

University of Minnesota
Office of Admissions
240 Williamson Hall
231 Pillsbury Drive SE
Minneapolis MN 55455, USA