University of Minnesota
University of Minnesota

H-1B &
Permanent Residence

Maintaining Status

Travel Within the U.S.

Travel within the United States and to U.S. territories is not restricted and no special documents are required. However, it is extremely important that you and your dependents carry your passport and visa documents with you when traveling in the U.S. in the event you need to present them to law enforcement officials.